MORE THAN JUST A JOB...
THIS IS A CALLING. READY TO ANSWER IT?
Outreach Support Workers
Kermode Friendship Society is looking to fill the position of Outreach Support Workers, who, under the direction of the Program Director, will primarily be responsible to provide outreach services in the community.
This position will ensure that clients connect to appropriate resources. Ensuring related documentation regarding stats, and monthly narrative reports are completed and submitted to immediate supervisor. Providing support to vulnerable populations, connections to community resources, and performing intake interviews with clients requiring services.
The Outreach Support Worker must possess the following:
Diploma and related experiences in the Human services field.
Certifications and/or licenses include:
Harm Reduction Training
Trauma- informed Care
Kermode Friendship Society offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities. Qualified applicants can submit applications to email@example.com
Aboriginal Early Child Development Parent Support Worker
Kermode is currently seeking to fill the full time position of an Aboriginal Early Child Development Parent Support Worker. The Kermode Friendship Society offers culturally sensitive, quality programs and services to the Aboriginal community members and community-at-large in the Terrace area.
The AECD Parent Support Worker reports directly to the AECD Coordinator and is responsible for participating in team planning, implementing and evaluating community based support for AECD services to Aboriginal children and families in urban locations. Supports and services for children from preconception to age 6 and their families to address FAS/E prevention, the worker promotes healthy lifestyle choices, as well as family and community supports.
Improves family supports and works to strengthen community supports
Works from a Holistic approach in supporting children and families
Prepare and assist with weekly parent and child drop-in
Work independently and as part of a team to provide individual clients and families with education support and assistance
Maintain accurate case files and case management plans
Prepare and provide monthly client reporting/statistic forms to the Coordinator
Assist in planning and participate in annual Kermode Friendship events such as, International FASD Day, National Aboriginal Day, National Addictions Awareness Week and the annual Kermode Christmas Dinner and other duties as required.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFCATIONS:
Certificate or diploma in Child Care, Social Work or equivalent and experience in dealing with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Demonstrated experience in program development
Experience in working with Aboriginal communities and/or non-profit organizations
Standard First Aid Certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Knowledge and awareness of Aboriginal culture and the issues that affect Aboriginal people, familiar with child and family community services act
proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related programs
ability to support Aboriginal families through personal and parenting crisis and able to demonstrate positive parenting and role model healthy living.
Successful completion of a clear criminal records check
Valid class 5 driver's license and reliable vehicle
Employee will undergo annually the following: criminal records check, annual performance review and provide a copy of driver's abstract. To apply submit: a cover letter, resume with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Childhood Educator
Kermode is currently seeking an Early Childhood Educator 1 ECE worker full time at 35 hours per week.
• Assist in annual planning and adjusted delivery of Kermode Early Childhood Programs and services
• As part of a team assist in the delivery of Aboriginal program curriculum lesson plans to children in support of their spiritual, emotional, intellectual and physical growth Actively participate in
• The guidance of children's behaviors in support of positive social interaction and self-concept
• The assurance of a safe and healthy play and learning environment for the children
• The fostering of positive and constructive communication with parents
• The contribution to the on-going operations of Kermode Early Childhood Education Programs through the performance of other related duties
• Participate in school bus pick-up/ Drop off procedures( as needed)
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possess a valid Early Childhood Educator Certificate, and be willing to undertake sponsored Special Needs Certification training; Will consider ECE Assistant Certificate
• Possess a valid Child Safe First Aid Certificate or equivalent;
• Have at least 2 years of ECE work experience in a private or community pre-school setting; Food safe Certificate is not mandatory, however, is beneficial to the program KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Familiar with Community Care Facility Act, Child Care Licensing Act, and Aboriginal Head Start Program requirements;
• Possess basic computer skills, including the use of Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook Express;
• Skilled in the use of a variety of child teaching and reinforcement techniques; Ability and willingness to actively participate in a teaching and childcare environment
• Demonstrates keen child observation skills
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Able to work and actively participate in a team setting with co-workers and a variety of child specialists MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
• T.B. test, and up-to-date immunization record;
• Criminal record check, vulnerable persons check
• Sign a code of ethics and confidentiality agreement;
• Valid First Aid Ticket
• Annual Medical Clearance
• Current ECE license to practice
Please submit application package, resume cover letter, and applicable employment references to Human Resources at email@example.com